Customer Sales Apprenticeship – Livingston – September 2024
Salary: £22,300 per annum
Duration: 12 months
Qualification: SVQ in Customer Service Level 6
Start Date: 30th August 2024
Deadline: Applications are due to close on 31st March 2024, however if there are high volumes of applications, we may close early. The earliest date we’ll close applications is 29th February 2024.
About this programme:
Identify the ultimate package. Sell Sky products. Gain a qualification in Customer Services. Our Contact Centre Apprentices focus on having great conversations and delivering the best service for our customers.
Working in our Contact Centre you’ll be part of one of our Customer Sales Teams who work hard to deliver the best service in the country to new and existing customers. We have three main Sales teams in which this role may sit: Loyalty Stay, Loyalty Change or Welcome.
Loyalty Stay – You’ll find yourself taking inbound calls and looking to understand a customer’s needs in order to maintain their relationship with Sky. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to help our customers get great value from Sky.
Loyalty Change – You’ll find yourself taking inbound calls to understand what each customer wants and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they have the best package for their needs. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to help our customers get great value from their existing products, or by introducing them to new ones.
Welcome – You’ll give new customers the warmest welcome to Sky. Taking inbound calls you’ll understand what each customer wants and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they choose Sky. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service ensuring our customers have the best start with Sky.
What you’ll be doing
As an Apprentice with us you’ll be fully supported to achieve a nationally recognised Customer Service qualification by the end of your first 12 months at Sky. In your first four weeks, you’ll be fully supported by a learning specialist in our Start@Sky programme – learning all about our how we deliver outstanding customer service, making you an expert in this field.
You’ll then join Live@Sky, start to take live calls from our customers, with support from experienced advisors to help you along the way.
You’ll also have additional support from your team leads and SIMs, as well as a Skills Coach to guide you through your day-to-day tasks. You’ll also learn life skills along the way, that will help you with your career and personal growth.
Day to day activities include:
- Listening attentively to customers: understanding their needs, showing empathy and inspiring trust
- Keeping the customer at the heart of all that we do
- Keeping up to date with all Sky products and campaigns so that you can effectively support our customers and promote new and existing products
- Delivering the best service in the country in every interaction
- Working towards targets across several business measures.
SVQ in Customer Service Level 6 (Scotland)
The training provider for this programme is Babington. They are a multi award-winning specialist provider of vocational training.
What you’ll need:
There are no minimum educational requirements for this programme.
Other skills we’re looking for:
- You’ll have a passion to sell
- Thrive in a target driven environment
- A confident communicator and team player
- A resilient attitude
- Enthusiastic about all things Sky
- Passionate about providing our customers with the best service in the country
- A desire to understand new technology, and be in touch with the latest technology trends
- Flexible: your typical shift pattern will vary, and you’ll need to be available to work evenings and weekends.
The application process:
Step 1 – Submit your application
First, complete our short application form by entering your details. We’re looking for basic information such as contact details, education and any relevant work experience.
As part of the application form, we’ll ask questions around your eligibility to join this programme, which is funded by the Apprenticeship Levy.
Step 2 – Situational Judgement Test
Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to the next stage (so look out for our email, you may need to check your junk mail just in case) which is a series of situational judgement questions. These questions relate to the Customer Sales role and are also designed to help you learn more about the role.
Step 3 – Telephone Interview
If you are successful at stage 2, you’ll be invited to complete a telephone interview. This will be a strength-based interview looking for different strengths that we think are important for any customer focussed role. We recommend using the STAR method where appropriate.
Step 4 – Virtual Assessment Centre
The final stage of your application will be a virtual assessment day. You’ll have the opportunity to impress us through a variety of tasks, which may include a group discussion, an individual interview, and smaller programme related exercises. Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to
hear back from us.
Where your development begins:
- Be Brilliant – How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
- Sky Learn – Our new, group-wide learning platform, bringing all content under one roof, so developing new skills is simpler for everyone. You can search by skill and find courses, videos, podcasts and more, giving you greater control over your own development and future career.
- Support Network – Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with an Apprentice who’s been there and done it and have a manager and apprentice Skills Coach who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go. All this plus the support of the Early Careers team who will be on hand from your first day through to the start of your post-programme career journey.
Let’s not forget about the great perks. There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our fantastic range of benefits really are something special, here are our highlights: free Sky Q (for the TV you love all in one place), a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave, discounted Mobile and broadband and private health care.
And if that’s not enough, each campus has its own perks such as subsidised restaurants/ cafes and games rooms. Your campus may include a cinema, chill out sections, faith rooms, a gym, and more.
Why Inclusion is important:
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CVs aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
Our apprenticeship is designed to put you at the centre of the action. You’ll learn, grow and help make the magic of Sky happen. Whatever your background, skills or passions, there’s an opportunity for you to explore. A career at Sky is where better begins. Got questions about this programme?
Email us at [email protected].
If you are successful in your application for this programme, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.