Legal Support Apprentice
Location: 2nd Floor, Fyfe Chambers, 105 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1PB
Workplace: Jones Whyte
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Who you’ll be working for:
Jones Whyte is a modern full service law firm based in Glasgow, operating throughout Scotland.
As a Legal Support Apprentice you will be working alongside Paralegals, Trainee Solicitors and Solicitors, providing key support to ensure the smooth running of the team and each client’s experience. The role will involve dealing with the mail process, providing support to the Solicitors and case handlers by way of emails and phone calls, and working with the online case management system.
You’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. You will benefit from the chance to grow and enhance your skills at the heart of the Private Client department. As they grow, they encourage their employees to grow with them and are continually improving their processes to ensure their employees are supported in all the work they do.
- Supporting Executries, Probates and Trusts
- Liaising with and providing support for solicitors and case handlers
- Responding to enquiries (email, telephone and letters)
- Processing the mail and filing
- Working with the online case management system, keeping records up-to-date
- Answering calls and booking meeting rooms
- Retrieving Wills from storage
- Taking payments from clients using payment platform
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high turnover environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
£15,000 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays – closing over Christmas and New Year
- Holiday loyalty scheme: Earn an additional 5 days holiday
- Company bonus scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Counselling service
- Quarterly team nights/days out
- Annual company day out
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!