IT Support Apprentice
Location: New Alderston House, Strathclyde Business Park, Office S001, 3 Dove Wynd, Bellshill, North Lanarkshire, ML4 3FB
Workplace: RM Education
Salary: £13,000 per annum
Why RM Education?
A leading provider of technology for learning to schools, colleges and universities across the UK. They deliver everything educational establishments need to deliver technology-enabled learning. They don’t just sell their own products, they provide and help manage all the leading technology brands and have close relationships with all the major hardware, software and freeware providers. In addition, through their Education Resources companies they deliver high quality resources for Early Years, Primary and SEN settings. They also work with assessment bodies throughout the UK and internationally providing exam marking solutions.
They are now looking for a hardworking and motivated individual with a strong interest in technology to work within their busy IT department. You will be working full time while working towards your Technical Apprenticeship in IT & Telecommunications.
- Provide telephone technical support to South Lanarkshire Council Establishments, providing advice and problem solving expertise on technical problems and queries
- Problem resolution will be mainly using remote tools such as NetOp or Centrastage
- Providing support to site visits may also be required
- Ensure systems are updated on a real time basis including detailed and accurate call notes
- Customer devices are primarily connected to our CC4 networks although there are some standalones
- Ensure calls are progressed and closed in line with contracted service level agreements
- Escalate any issues on call progression or customer issues (Some equipment handling may be required)
- Provide support for site visits to schools to resolve problems which we are unable to address remotely (Equipment will require to be handled)
- Participate in project work such as installations and software rollouts
- Process Improvement – identify and deliver improvements in tools/processes to maximise efficiency and customer satisfaction
What do they need from you?
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-confidence and articulate
- Professional attitude and presentation
- £13,000 per annum
- Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 5pm and Friday 8:30am – 4:15pm
- £500 upon completion of program
- Working with a young team in a youthful atmosphere
- Your salary will be reviewed upon completion of your apprenticeship program.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!