Administration Support Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: 200 Main Street, Barrhead, Glasgow, G78 1SL
Salary: £9,379.18 – £13,300 per annum.
Closing date: 24/04/2023
We all love holidays, whether it be a city break, or relaxing beach vacation. So come join the UK’s leading independent British travel agents!
A well-established travel provider, Barrhead Travel are growing and have over 50 branches across the UK.
To maintain excellent customer service, we require a Administration Support Apprentice to join our team. We are looking for a confident and professional individual with a desire to succeed, who is looking to work in a fun and busy environment in our branch in Barrhead.
This organization invests massively in young people, previously taking on apprentices in Admin, IT, Marketing and Travel and Tourism. You will engaging with many other departments within the Head Office, who regularly hold social events.
You will be communicating with other departments and supporting the Barrhead branch team managing telephone calls from colleagues and other admin duties as required.
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm,
- 37.5hrs a week.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
- General administration duties
- Looking after all post booking administration
- Answering inbound calls
- Communicating with suppliers and Tour Operators
- Issuing tickets for all types of holidays
- Checking booking confirmations
What skills do I require?
- First class attention to detail
- Great organisational skills
- Able to prioritise workload and move between different tasks with ease
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
- Demonstrate confidentiality
- Full training will be provided when you start!
£9,379.18 – £13,300 per annum.
- 29 days holiday, after two years working with the company your holiday allowance will increase by a day each year (up to a total of 35 days)
- Discounted travel
- Future prospects:
- Once the apprenticeship has been successfully completed, there could be possible opportunities to gain internal promotion.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.