Application Support Technician
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications | Digital Applications Support Programme
Location: 1 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1BR
Closing date: 02/02/2023
Are you a positive, driven person with a passion for learning?
A fantastic opportunity start your career with a new, varied and exciting role in a rapidly growing international company who are committed to your learning and development!
This role is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and motivated team player with an interest in technology to take their first step in their career in a varied role, while gaining valuable experience in digital applications support. You will gain a Digital Applications apprenticeship with innovative energy consultancy firm; Add Energy.
Mon – Fri, 37.5 hours per week
About Add Energy:
Add Energy provide services and solutions to the energy industry on a global scale, you will be working with different departments in an exciting new venture within the company. In this role, you will quickly pick up the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the role and will become a valued member of the team while completing an SCQF Level 6 Digital Applications Apprenticeship. The small, friendly team is the perfect environment to grow your skills. Add Energy has worked with numerous past apprentices and are committed to supporting the growth and development of their apprentices, with options to continue your development after completing the Digital Applications Apprenticeship.
- Assist Software Team and Data Team with relevant administration
- Assist with front-line support for Internal User and Client requests and bug reports
- Assist with development and handling of a Support/Ticket Register process
- Assisting with development and running of the Software Testing process
- Provide Data Support to Engineers including Data Extraction from drawings/datasheets
- Carry out basic Data Analysis on Client provided Data prior to load into software
- Carry out regular updates of Internal IT equipment
- Creation of Training Videos and online courses
- Assisting with training for all Users (Clients and Internal personnel)
What We Are Looking For:
Add Energy are looking for a motivated and driven individual who is keen to learn and develop. An interest in technology and software would be beneficial but no experience is needed. Full comprehensive training will be provided and there is opportunity to move in to more tech training if desired.
- Positive and energetic
- Works with enthusiasm, energy and drive to achieve common goals
- Takes a ‘can do’ approach and is prepared to have a go and make things happen
- Doesn’t take the easy option by giving up. Seeks help and keeps going! Tries, tries and tries again
- Admits, owns and learns from mistakes
- Shares problems and issues with colleagues and freely asks for help
- Willing to suggest new and creative approaches
- Actively seeks and acts on feedback to improve
Benefits & Future Prospects:
There will be scope to move onto either a further IT or software apprenticeship programme, depending on what the candidate would like to move in to. This is a very exciting position that will grow and develop as this arm of the business develops. Lots of opportunity to progress into different areas within the business.