Customer Sales Apprenticeship Programme – Livingston – September 2023
Identify the ultimate package. Sell Sky products. Gain a qualification in Customer Services. Our Contact Centre Apprentices focus on having great conversations and delivering the best service for our customers.
About the programme:
Working in our Contact Centre you’ll be part of one of our Customer Sales Teams who work hard to deliver the best service in the country to new and existing customers. We have three main Sales teams in which this role may sit: Loyalty Stay, Loyalty Change or Welcome.
Loyalty Stay team – Understanding a customer’s needs in order to maintain their relationship with Sky. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to help our customers get great value from Sky.
Loyalty Change team – Understand what each customer wants and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they have the best package for their needs. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to help our customers get great value from their existing products, or by introducing them to new ones.
Welcome team – Understand what each customer wants and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they choose Sky. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service ensuring our customers have the best package for their needs.
As an Apprentice with us you’ll be fully supported to achieve a nationally recognised Customer Service qualification by the end of your first 15 months at Sky. In your first four weeks, you’ll be fully supported by a learning specialist in our [email protected] programme – learning all about our how we deliver outstanding customer service, making you an expert in this field. We’ll also assign you a buddy and assessor to guide you through your day-to-day tasks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Listening attentively to customers: understanding their needs, showing empathy and inspiring trust
- Keeping the customer at the heart of all that we do
- Keeping up to date with all Sky products and campaigns so that you can effectively support our customers and promote new and existing products
- Delivering the best service in the country in every interaction
- Working towards targets across several business measures.
- This apprenticeship programme is 15 months
- The location is Livingston
- Start date is 4th September 2023
- Starting salary from £19,750
- Level 2/3 Customer Service Practitioner Qualification
- You’ll roll off this programme into a permanent position with Sky.
What you’ll need to be:
You’ll need a minimum of 2 National qualifications (NQ’s) level 4 or 5.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- You’ll have a passion to sell
- Thrive in a target driven environment
- A confident communicator and team player
- A resilient attitude
- Enthusiastic about all things Sky
- Passionate about providing our customers with the best service in the country
- A desire to understand new technology, and be in touch with the latest technology trend Flexible: your typical shift pattern will vary, and you’ll need to be available to work evenings and weekends.
Our application process:
Step 1 – First, complete our short application form by entering your details. We’re looking for basic information such as contact details, education and any relevant work experience.
Step 2 – Once your application has been submitted you’ll be invited to the next stage (so look out for our email, you may need to check your junk mail just in case) which is a series of situational judgement questions. This looks at how you respond in certain situations and how you handle them.
Step 3 – If you are successful at stage 2, you’ll be invited to complete a telephone interview. This will be a strength based interview looking for different strengths that we think are important for any customer focussed role. We recommend using the STAR method where appropriate.
Step 4 – The final stage of your application will be a digital assessment day. You’ll have the opportunity to impress us through a variety of tasks, which may include a group discussion, an individual interview, and smaller programme related exercises.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from
Let’s not forget about the great perks. There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our fantastic range of benefits really are something special, here are our highlights: free Sky Q (for the TV you love all in one place), a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave, discounted Mobile and broadband and private health care.
You’ll also get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, each campus has its own perks such as subsidised restaurants/ cafes and games rooms. Your campus may include a cinema, chill out sections, faith rooms, a gym.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Things move quickly around here so applications may close early. Apply now to avoid disappointment.
Start an Apprenticeship like no other? At Sky you can