Platform and Operations apprenticeship programme – Livingston
Join the experts behind Sky Mobile, NOW TV and Sky Q. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Content Protection are looking to expand their Platforms & Operations team to help support and test Sky platforms for Sky Q and Sky Glass across Group. We use cutting-edge technology and contribute to the success of current and future products for Sky by developing software that underpins our products and improves how we work.
Our team is based in Livingston and you’ll be joining a high performing Software Development team in a key part of Sky.
What you’ll be doing:
In the Content Protection team, you’ll work on business-critical systems which allow customers to get the content they love. Our role is to develop and lead the Content Protection elements of projects such as our recent Sky Glass product and Group wide Subscriber Card Management programmes.
- Meet with system users to understand the scope of projects.
- Work with software developers and project support teams to meet department and project deadlines. Carry out performance testing and functional testing.
- Write and execute test scripts and run manual tests in different environments including Oracle and AWS on multiple projects.
- Design tests to mitigate risk, write bug reports and review documentation.
- Document and carry out platform and device testing on a range of both Glass and Q devices to ensure that new builds of software are suitable for release to customers.
- Carry out Smoke testing on production systems after a deployment.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to provide objective feedback to software development project teams.
- Communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
The Diploma for IT is a robust qualification leading to an Industry recognised qualification within your chosen field. This qualification allows candidates to put into practice their learning supported by both ourselves, and Sky. This qualification is a work-based qualification which includes units such as System Operation and System Management, along with things such as Remote Support and Technical Advice and guidance. Each person undertakes their own unique pathway through the qualification, choosing units most suited to their job role, whilst fully supported by both their Assessor and Manager.
The training provider for this programme is GP Strategies.
- This apprenticeship programme is 18 months
- Location is Livingston, Scotland
- Expected start September 2023
- IT & Telecoms Professionals SCQF Level 6-9
- You’ll roll off this programme into a permanent position with Sky.
What we’re looking for:
You’ll need at least five National Qualifications (NQ’s) at Level 5-7 (or equivalent 9-4), including English and Maths.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Passionate about technology and our brand
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
- A problem-solver
- Approachable and adaptable.
Our application process:
Step 1 – Submit your application on our system. We’ll be asking for your personal details, academic information and anything else that you think would be relevant such as work experience.
Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it.
Step 2 – Complete our online digital assessments. These look at your Sky fit, business fit, and your ability to understand technology. Why not pop onto our dedicated Prep hub to familiarise yourself with some of these digital assessments before completing. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice each of these assessments beforehand, so please read our email instructions carefully. We’ve added some tips to help you along the way.
Step 3 – For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude.Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2023. Apply now to avoid disappointment.