Business Administration Apprenticeship Programme – Livingston
Provide unrivalled support. Create slick processes. Compile accurate reports. Join our Business Administration Apprenticeship programme and become part of an exciting team, giving Sky’s people the brilliant service, they expect.
As an Apprentice in Billing Operations you’ll help us deliver a world class Billing experience for our customers across all of Sky’s products and services. We provide assurances that our customers billings are correct, collect payments across our services, manage our customer communications and provide assurance that out Telephony processes are all running smoothly.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll have opportunities across our teams gaining unrivalled knowledge into how Sky works behind the scenes. You’ll be involved across many different projects and will be supported to make changes that improve our processes. Our Apprentice programme will give you the opportunities to grow your network, become an expert in our processes & develop a great career with Sky.
Activities will include:
- Ensuring that all reconciliations are completed accurately, to agreed deadlines
- Identifying, analysing and taking ownership of issues
- Helping improve the accuracy of reconciliations and reporting
- Following through to resolution, escalating as appropriate
- Working alongside other teams within Billing and Sky Support to review and improve internal and external
- Understanding audit, regulatory and internal controls, making sure that these are completed in a rigorous
and timely manner
- Analysing processes within the team, identifying and escalating any trends or changes with a
recommended course of action
- Compiling accurate management reporting information as required
- Prioritising your personal workload.
The training provider for this apprenticeship is Forth Valley College. They are a leading provider of further and higher education offering a wide range of courses and training opportunities.
Forth Valley College certainly means business when it comes to Modern Apprenticeships in Business Administration. This industry sector is experiencing a significant period of strong growth in Scotland, and we are at the forefront of training the next generation of administrators and business managers and laying the foundations for exciting and successful careers.”
All of your learning will take place in the workplace so you can look forward to lots of hands-on practical training with access to all the latest resources.
- This apprenticeship programme is 2 years
- Location is Livingston, Scotland
- Expected start September 2023
- Business Administration Level 6 qualification
- You will roll off this programme into a permanent position with Sky.
What we’re looking for
You’ll need a minimum of 5 ‘National 5’ qualifications at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
In addition, as part of the apprenticeship you will be required to evidence if you already have achieved Core skills (minimum of 2 National qualifications (NQ’s) level 2 or 3, in English and Maths) through school or further education then you would not be required to repeat these. If you haven’t achieved them or cannot provide evidence then you will be required to achieve them as part of the programme.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
- A problem-solver
- Attention focussed and thorough with detail across projects
- Comfortable using Excel and PowerPoint and a range of technology systems.
Our application process
Step 1 – Submit your application on our system. We’ll be asking for your personal details, academic information and anything else that you think would be relevant such as work experience. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it.
Step 2 – Complete our online digital assessments. These look at your Sky fit, and business fit. Why not pop onto our dedicated Prep hub to familiarise yourself with some of these digital assessments before completing. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice each of these assessments beforehand, so please read our email instructions carefully. We’ve added some tips to help you along the way.
Step 3 – For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your aptitude for this programme. Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The current closing date for applications is 15th January 2023. Things move quickly around here so applications may close early.
Apply now to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Ready to do an Apprenticeship like no other? At Sky You Can.