Junior Office Administrator
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: WEEE Scotland, 249 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 1HJ
Closing date: 16/02/2023
Why WEEE Scotland?
WEEE Scotland has a growing range of services, finding innovative solutions to the problem of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). The business works to extend the life of these products through repair, refurbishment, remanufacturing, reuse, recycling and treatment processes.
As part of the WEEE Scotland team you will be valued and supported to excel in your career. Based at our main facility in Govan, this role presents and an excellent opportunity for the right person join a growing business that is making a genuine difference to Scotland’s carbon reduction targets.
Monday – Thursday 8am – 4:30pm
WEEE Scotland Limited is seeking a confident and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to support the administrative function of the business. From managing customer data, to supporting sales executives and establishing and implementing new processes to help streamline operations, this role will be varied and rewarding. You will be working towards a Digital Applications Level 6 Apprenticeship Diploma.
Duties will include:
- Management and distribution of incoming and outgoing post
- Answering incoming calls, taking messages and following through where required.
- Greet any visitors to the offices in a professional manner and provide refreshments when
- Data entry for the accounts payable invoices
- Maintain the office filing/archiving system in both hard and electronic format.
- Assist with monitoring of timesheet production by internal and external staff.
- Proactively assist with the smooth running of the office.
- Diary co-ordination for transport vehicles and purposes
- Assistance with marketing; to include, events, campaigns, website, social media accounts.
- Assist in HR tasks, sometimes including training and induction
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints
- Prepare reports for customers and management
What do they need from you?
An understanding of Microsoft Packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.