Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: Unit 14B, Dickson Street, Elgin Industrial Estate, Dunfermline, KY12 0BF
Salary: £9,755 per annum
Working hours: 34hrs per week
Closing date: 17/04/2023
Real Life Options are currently looking for an Administration Apprentice to join their team within their office in Dunfermeline. You will have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by experienced colleagues, as well as getting involved in some exciting projects that charity have on the horizon.
Real Life Options supports people with learning disabilities and autism, some with complex or age-related needs, to have a strong voice and a real choice in the way they live their lives.
Interested? Apply Today!
- To support the management team in the delivery of an efficient and effective operational administration function. The successful candidate will have to use applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, PowerBI, MS Teams and CPOMS
- To participate in regular communication and dialogue with other administration staff, both in operational services and corporate functions, to ensure consistency of approach across the company
- To collate paperwork on behalf of the operational teams and provide accurate filing of electronic and paper-based records in line with data protection and GDPR
- To be the first point of contact for visitors to Real Life Options office and answer telephones and direct calls in a professional and polite manner
- Process incoming post and prepare out going post for despatch
- Maintain petty cash records and manage control of petty cash as required
- Where required, undertake note taking of meetings using Microsoft Word and prepare facilities for meetings if in the office or schedule MS Teams meetings, training and other purposes
- Collate and prepare good news stories to send to Marketing and communications and use Microsoft Office applications to produce reports, letters and other documents as required
- Undertake appropriate training and development activities as required to meet the requirements of the post
- Comply with the requirements and responsibilities as detailed in the Health and Safety Policy
- Comply with organisational policies and procedures at all times
- Work in a flexible way in order to support colleagues and ensure an effective continuance of the services provided
- To undertake any other reasonable duties in line with the general responsibility of the post.
What do they need from you?
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, including senior managers both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a professional and
- appropriate manner
- Approachable and customer focused
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Flexible, adaptable and motivated
- Presents self and represents the organisation in a professional manner
- Desired Qualifications
Whilst Real Life Options do not have any entry requirements for this role, they are seeking someone who shares their values of, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility and Excellence
- Salary – £9,755 per annum
- Working Hours – Monday – Thursday 8am to 4pm, Friday 8am to 3pm
- Work with a nationwide charity provider, Sector related qualifications, Progression avenues on completion of apprenticeship,
- flexible working. Early Finish on a Friday
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.” For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.