IT Support & Install Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | IT Systems and Networking |
Location: Unit 006 Ettrick Riverside, Dunsdale Road, Selkirk, TD7 5EB
Closing date: 16/12/2022
RMS Scotland are looking for an enthusiastic IT Apprentice to join the existing team, supporting their clients with their EPoS systems throughout Scotland. RMS Scotland are a leading provider of EPoS systems across Scotland, using state-of-the-art software to deliver efficient and tailored solutions for the retail sector. RMS pride themselves on their attention to detail and delivering electronic point of sale solutions for any size of business.
As a support/install technician, your primary responsibility will be to deploy, manage and support client retail EpoS I.T. systems.
In this position, you will quickly pick up the skills and knowledge needed to become a valued member of the the team while completing an SCQF Level 6 IT Professionals Apprenticeship. RMS is a small, friendly team is the perfect environment to grow your skills and learn all about EPoS system builds, maintenance, networking and other valuable IT skills. RMS Scotland has supported numerous past apprentices and are committed to supporting the growth and development of their apprentices, many of which are still within the business. This role can lead to fantastic career opportunities such as an IT engineer.
RMS Scotland is a company that fully supports apprenticeship programmes and have recently had another apprentice complete their apprenticeship with their support. Support is there from management and co-workers however they are looking for someone who can work on their own initiative and can self motivate.
Interested? Apply Today!
- Assist Install team with EPoS system builds
- Visit client sites to repair, troubleshoot and update EPoS hardware and software
- Programming EPoS applications to client’s individual requirements
- Provide our clients with operational advice and support via telephone, support desk and e-mail
- Build strong relationships with customers and on site staff
- Assist with on-site installations of new systems
- Provide “On Call” out of hours / weekend support cover (on a rota basis)
- Driving license preferred
- A general interest and knowledge of PC computing and Windows Operating Systems (although full training will be given)
- A genuine passion for tech and IT
- Enthusiastic approach
- Resilient and able to think independently
- A keen interest in learning new skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – confidence in communicating with customers
- A “can-do” attitude
- Ability to travel including working away from home on occasion
- Salary – £16,500 per annum
- Future Salary – £20,000 p/a +
- Monday-Friday 37.5 hours
Future Career Progression:
Potential for the right candidate to move to a permanent position within the business. Access to further training available. After completion of IT Level 6, there is the possibility to move on to IT Level 8.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.