Office Administrator Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: Queen Elizabeth Gardens, Hillington, Glasgow, G52 4NQ
Salary: £11,992.52 per annum
Closing date: 21/04/2023
Who am I working for?
McMillan’s Cleaning & Restoration are a family run business specialising in Fire & Flood Restoration & Carpet Cleaning, Curtain Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Rug Cleaning and Leather Furniture Cleaning across Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
The office is located right next to Hillington West train station. The business has a strong history of supporting and promoting Modern Apprentices. They are now looking for another confident, motivated, and hard-working Apprentice.
The Office Administration Apprentice will report directly to the Office Manager. You will provide assistants to the wider office operations by supporting with invoices, customer orders and completing office paperwork.
McMillan’s Cleaning & Restoration have a great track record of supporting apprenticeships within the business as they have moved onto permanent, full-time positions. As well as, achieving internal promotions.
A salary review will be considered after successful completion of the Modern Apprentice at the employer’s discretion
Interested? Apply Today!
What will I be doing?
Office Administration Apprentice will be responsible for ensuring all CRM systems are updated, managing customer orders and support finance duties. This role will be supported by a Digital Applications Support apprenticeship delivered by QA. This will include peer mentoring, work-based assessment and classroom training.
Systems usage includes Xero Accounts, Microsoft Packages (Outlook and Excel), internal CRM system, Jobber and Asana. As well as managing the company portal, Keep.
- Ensuring that ‘Keep’ (automated system) is up to date with customer contact details]
- Managing ‘Jobber’ on a daily basis – this is the order and diary management system.
- Review customer order requests on Jobber and preparing quotes
- Using the system to create live jobs, book in collections via email and outbound calls
- Using Asana to live track active customer orders and update customer for collection
- Working with Xero to input and raise invoices, sending to customers and reconciling payment
- Answering calls in a polite manner, screening calls and directing to correct contact with business
- Managing and responding to the company email inbox
- Assisting the Office Manager with stationery orders, outgoing mail and assisting with the preparation of paperwork when required
Who am I?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills
- Ambitions to work within a Digital Administration position with a strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Potential to earn Bi -annual company bonus
- Annual team days out – previous events have been days out at Transmit, a day at the races – we like to get creative!
- Team nights out monthly
- Salary – £11,992.52 per annum
- Working Hours – 9am to 5.30pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.