IT Support Apprentice
Location: Carden Church, 6 Carden Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1UR
Workplace: Halliday Fraser Munro
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Why this company?
This organisation is an award winning design practice incorporating architectural services, urban design, master planning and a specialised planning consultancy team with offices in Aberdeen, Belfast, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds and London.
They are looking for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team in the Aberdeen office!
- Provide first line support re technical issues with PC’s, servers and all other networks IT hardware both from personal support requests and phone and e-mail communication
- Manage windows software updates as and when needed using third party management software and portals as well as manual process
- Carry out server software updates in a controlled manner as needed to ensure none or minimum disruption to office IT systems operation
- Regularly monitor server health and space usage, look at data usage and see where space can be saved reclaimed
- Replace or scrap IT items as required and liaising with waste disposal people where needed to ensure safe disposal and removal of confidential info from them during disposal
- Install new printers and other non-PC IT kit
- Manage virtual PC portals and user account settings
What do they need from you?
- Basic understanding of IT networks and IT hardware
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral English
- A keen intertest in IT software and hardware
- Problem solving skills
- £20,000 per annum
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- Career progress within the next five years to IT Manager
- A stable working environment, the company has traded for 30 + years
- Friendly and dynamic workforce
- Hybrid working
- Continuous professional development programme
- Quarterly staff events
- Nice working environment
- A full-time role on completion of the apprenticeship and progression routes.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!