IT Support Apprentice
Location: Prestwick, KA9 2PL
Salary: £15,000 per annum
A growing and successful IT solutions company in Prestwick are looking for an ambitious individual to join their growing team. They have over 50 years combined experience in supporting business IT systems across Scotland. They supply, maintain and support the IT systems of individuals and businesses.
They have a view to making the position permanent and full time after successful completion of the modern apprenticeship within IT Support.
What will I be doing?
- Customer-facing support including shadowing engineers in-house and on visits
- Answering calls and logging support tickets
- Scheduling jobs, the administration of Microsoft 365 for Business users (software and emails), diagnosing issues on a wide range of PCs and laptops, networking, wifi, and telephone hardware and software both remotely and on-site throughout Ayrshire, and pricing and building custom PC systems.
- Internally, you will liaise with our team of experienced engineers, our admin and purchasing team, and our company directors on a variety of tickets; basic, complex and everything in between
What do I need to be successful?
- Passion for IT
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Proactive attitude
- Driving licence is preferred or currently sitting lessons
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Further personal development is available through training courses supplied by vendors including Microsoft, Draytek, and ZyXel.
- Aim to make the role permanent and full time after completion of the apprenticeship
- Good starting salary
- Working with an experienced team in a supportive environment
- Good transport links
- Working with companies across Scotland
- 90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6 or Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work-based qualification at the same time