IT Service Desk Apprentice
Location: Fortis Datacentre, 1 York Road, Chapelhall, Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, ML6 8HW
Salary: £15,000 per annum
DataVita own and operate Scotland’s largest, most secure and most energy efficient datacentre. We provide a range of Multi-Cloud and Data Centre solutions, ideal for the wide range of public and private sector organisations we power.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our support team providing first line support to both internal and external customers. The ideal applicant should be passionate about technology and furthering their technical knowledge. Training and support will be provided through internal training plans, vendor courses and access to an online training platform.
The role primarily involves logging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting incidents and requests through our Service Management Portal, and keeping customers and other support staff updated throughout the process.
- Respond to incoming calls, emails, and service desk requests, providing first-line technical support
- Log, categorize, and prioritize all incidents and requests in the service desk management system
- Provide initial assessment of all incidents, attempt first-time fixes, or escalate, as necessary
- Resetting user passwords and managing user accounts
- Installation and configuration of software and hardware
- Performing daily health checks of cores service platforms
- A strong interest in IT and a desire to learn
- A positive and proactive approach
- Great communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
National 5 in Computing would be preferred
£15,000 per annum
Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
- 33 days annual leave
- Death in Service Benefit
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Opportunities for further training and development. Access to industry-recognized qualifications upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!