Customs Support Apprentice
Location: Pentagon Freight Centre, Kirkton Drive, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0BG
Workplace: Pentagon Freight
Salary: £19,000 – £25,000 per annum
Are you interested in knowing how goods are transported all over the world? We are a leading specialist logistics provider for critical industries for over 50 years and our goal is to maintain our great customer service levels. We are now looking for a Customs Support Apprentice to join our Aberdeen team. You will support the Customs Consultancy team with timely and accurate customs and support functions.
We want to invest in your development so that you can start your career the right way – by learning and earning. With apprentices already in our business we are ready to support, train and develop your skills to help you build a better future.
- Using CargoWise for creation of customs job numbers and managing monthly sales invoicing
- Manage HMRC MSS reports using Microsoft Excel
- Checking thoroughly shipment documents from client and ensuring it is adhering to HMRC compliance
- Providing high levels of customer service checking with client if paperwork needs amended
- Undertake any required training to a satisfactory level
What we are looking for:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Experience in a customer service role
- Good organisational skills
- Microsoft skills, preferably with Excel knowledge
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a team
- £19,000 – £25,000 per annum
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
- 33 days holiday
- Casual dress
- Health cash back scheme
- 1 Day WFH after settling in
- There is potential for career progression after completion of apprenticeship.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!