Apprentice Operations Assistant
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: Central Exchange, 20 Waterloo St, Glasgow, G2 6DB
Closing date: 12/12/2022
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Their in-depth understanding of their clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen them become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Ashurst are looking for an Apprentice Operations Assistant to join their busy office. This is a really exciting opportunity for someone with excellent organisational skills and a strong work ethic. Ashurst are keen to develop young people, there are a number of apprentices already working for the company.
Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 5:00
You will be responsible for the day to day running and performance of the Glasgow office.
- Reception duties as required, including meeting and greeting visitors
- Handling collections and arranging outgoing couriers through Apollo
- Maintain stock levels of kitchens and stationary areas and process any POs using Elite 3E System
- Updating Turnkey (internal system) accordingly to ensure smooth running of the office
- Daily sorting of incoming post, internal post and franking outgoing post
- Replenishing printer/copier toners
- Fault reporting to the Operations Team Leader
- Setting up meeting rooms (furniture & IT setup) and assisting with catering when required
- Liaising with cleaning and maintenance contractors
- Answering telephone queries
- Full training will be provided.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full
compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- A professional and confident manner
- Good communication skills
- Committed, hardworking and responsible
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
Should you perform well during your apprenticeship there may be a permanent position at the end. Several of our ex-apprentices are still with the firm.