Digital Administration Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: Burnside Industrial Estate, 18 Garrell Rd, Kilsyth, Glasgow, G65 9JX
Closing date: 14/02/2023
This is a permanent role working in the office of a small pallet company based in Kilsyth, Glasgow. Recylced Packaging have supported apprentices before so don’t worry, you are in safe hands!
In this role you will be primarily assisting management with a range of vitally important administrative duties to ensure customers’ needs are met and the company adheres to all regulatory requirements.
This is an ideal position for someone who is keen to learn and interested in office administration to join a growing business that values and believes in investing in employees. Your performance will be supported. In this apprenticeship you will undertake an SCQF Level 6 Digital Application Support Apprenticeship as well as learning on the job.
Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 16:30
What you will be doing:
- Process invoices using Sage and VT
- Manage customer relationships
- Communicate with both customers and suppliers via MS Outlook
- Conduct telephone calls
- Manage stock levels by operating a Lean operations
- Produce reports to be send to customers
- Maintain internal records
- General admin taks
- Ad hoc projects
Skills/Qualities you should have:
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and have the ability to build good working relationships with customers
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Manage a variety of different work types concurrently and be able to manage time ensuring tasks are completed by due date
- Be able to work as part of a small team and also have the ability to work on own initiative
- Familiar with Google and Office type applications especially working with spreadsheets such as Excel
- Reasonably tech savvy with the ability to learn how to use new tools when necessary
- A positive attitude and keen to learn
- Ready to step outside of your comfort zone and undertake any new duties which may be allocated as and when required
- Confident enough to speak up when you believe a task can be done better and articulate enough to express exactly what the changes should be and how these will benefit the process/company
Should you perform well during your apprenticeship there will be the option to continue employment, this has worked in the past for apprentices. Your salary will be reviewed upon completion of your apprenticeship.