Quality Systems Administrator Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: Antibody Analytics Discovery Centre, Braidhurst Industrial Estate, Motherwell, ML1 3ST
Closing date: 01/02/2023
Antibody Analytics are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. They believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so their mission is to provide their drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. Antibody Analytics began in 2015 and through their expertise, technology, and amazing employees they have grown to where they are today, and they plan to keep on growing. They are not all scientists and academics, they are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what is at the core of what they do is their culture and values – that’s what makes them proud and stand out.
As their Apprentice Quality Systems Administrator, you will have the opportunity of achieving an is SCQF Level 6 Diploma in Digital Application Support, whilst gaining first hand on the job experience. The role is full time and includes dedicated study time for you to attend training as part of your Apprenticeship and to complete your portfolio.
In addition, you will gain a technical understanding of their Quality Management System (QMS) with regards to documentation and sample management. Your main tasks and responsibilities involve the reconciliation, scanning, review and archiving of data/documents and the upload of digital data to their in-house LIM (Laboratory Information Management) system. In addition, you will populate and maintain spreadsheets on Departmental KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as identified by the Quality Manager and our Approved Supplier List (using advanced Excel). You will alert the Quality Manager and prepare presentations for them to report any issues affecting the QMS using these KPIs. As Quality Systems Administrator you will also be responsible for organising and minuting the Quality department meetings, providing administration for training sessions run by the Quality Department, and organising and minuting testing sessions for the LIM system. You will also be trained in the creation of macro-enabled forms to help provide support the Operations Department and receive training in sample management to provide back-up support to Quality Officers.
You will promote the company values and the Quality Departments mission to “get everyone doing the right thing even when no-one is watching” through your actions and by communication of key aspects of the QMS companywide.
You will be reporting to and providing support to the Quality Manager who in turn will guide, develop, and equip you with the skills required to grow into your role. Your role will be varied in the areas of Quality, providing general administration support for the Quality Group in the areas of documentation and sample management.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 17:00
What you will be doing:
Quality Management System (QMS)
- Review, and archiving of documents and data in the in-house LIM system.
- Be responsible for keeping physical archives secure, tidy, presentable, and organised in a logical, compliant manner.
- Report all new or updated documents on a bi-weekly basis.
- Support Quality Officers in the receipt and release of customer samples as and when required.
- Provide the Quality Manager with weekly summaries on overdue records/studies.
- Provide back-up support for sample inspection and release
- Learning and Development
- Support and assist with the Company’s training requirements by assisting Quality Officers in the preparation of training material such as PowerPoint presentations, supporting data and documentation.
- Assist the Quality Manager in making videos and factsheets as training aids to demonstrate the use of the LIM system.
- Populate and maintain Departmental spreadsheets to support reporting of KPIs on a weekly basis.
- Provide administrative support to the Quality department to organise doodle polls, training diaries in Outlook, book meeting rooms, etc.
- Scan and upload documents provided by Operations to the in-house LIM system.
- Stamp and securely file all hard copy archived forms.
- Be the point of contact for Operations to retrieve archived documentation, ensuring this is logged out to a named person and returned in a timely manner.
Health and Safety
- Read and ensure compliance of COSHH documentation in support of correct handling and storage of equipment, materials, and samples.
- When directed by the Health and Safety Committee, undertake Health and Safety Risk Assessments across the business.
- Be involved and participate in any process improvement projects you are asked to lead and/or join.
Provide cover for reception to support instances of Office Manager/Administrator not being available.
What they are looking for:
- Proven IT, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience or a willingness to learn all aspects of documentation management and archiving.
- An ability to adopt and respect matters that may be of a confidential nature.
- A National 4 and/or 5 (or equivalent) in Maths, a science subject (optional) and English
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to their company values and behaviours, they would like you to be:
- Friendly with a helpful attitude, always looking to identify areas where the Quality team can support and add value to the
- Operations teams to improve efficiencies.
- Able to prioritise day to day work without supervision.
- Highly organised, be productive with the ability to deliver your work on time and to a high standard.
- Self-aware, have emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspective.
- Engaging and communicative with all colleagues to continually enhance knowledge and experience.
- A team player to learn, grow and share best practice with colleagues.
- Focused and have a strong attention for detail.
- Of a curious mindset, question, listen and enhance your own understanding of what we do.
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the business.
- Customer focused with the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
- A champion for learning and development for yourself in support of employee development.
- Accountable with ownership for all tasks trained in and for delivery.
- Flexible and adaptable.