IT Support Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | IT Systems and Networking
Location: 27 Portobello High Street, Portobello, Edinburgh,EH15 1DE
Closing date: 06/02/2023
Are you looking to kick start your career in the field of IT?
Data Computer Services, formed in 1998, provide a completely tailored IT support service to fit all types of businesses. They are based in Edinburgh and provide IT support services to all different types and sizes of business, from sole traders to large orginisations.
Their aim is to provide transparent, effective and accessible IT services so that their customers can understand and relate to IT in their own business.
They have a highly experienced team and are looking for an ambitious individual to join their small but growing team as an IT apprentice to complete an SCQF Level 6 qualification and grow within the business and become a valuable member of the team.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
What will I be doing?
- Installing new hardware/software
- Basic Computer Networking
- Completing operating system installs and data transfers
- Completing Virus/Malware removals
- Experience in setting up both hardware & software
- Installation and management of cloud based products
- Answering telephone and liaising with business customers whilst taking down information
You will also learn:
- How to fault diagnose PC issues
- How to deal with customers in person and over the phone
- A good understanding of IT network & security requirements
What will I need to be successful:
- An interest in IT and the desire to build a career
- Good time keeping
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Desire to learn new skills
- An ambition to take on new challanges
- Pay review upon completion of the modern apprenticeship
- Chance to learn and grow under a knowledgeable and experienced team
- The chance to begin your career in the world of IT