Property Manager Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: 20 Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DH
Salary: £12,000 – £16,000 per annum
Closing date: 05/12/2022
Based in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town, Southside Property Management are an established team who take pride in their strong customer relationships and knowledge of the Property Industry, striving to provide a fair and affordable solution to both Landlords and Tenants.
With 18 previous Apprentices who have gained career advancement and professional hands-on experience, Southside Property Management are looking to give the same opportunity to another enthusiastic individual.
As the Apprentice Property Manager, you will be a first point of contact for both Tenants and Landlords, dealing with enquiries along with arranging viewings, assisting with advertising and helping to match the right tenant with the right property, guiding them smoothly through the process.
You will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in Digital Applications Support at SCQF Level 6 Diploma – comparable to a HNC or first year of University – don’t miss this opportunity!
Whilst the role has a wide and varied remit, including document and data administration, attention to detail, right attitude and work ethic, key areas of responsibilities are:
- Assisting the Property Management Team with day-to-day activities
- Dealing with phone and email enquiries and property administration
- Key management
- Being a front of house point of contact for visitors and callers into the office
- Managing general enquiries
- Collecting key deposits when issuing keys for emergencies
- Communicating with the Property Managers regarding their portfolios and managing the tasks email inbox
- Advising potential tenants of the procedure for viewings and applications
- Assisting with tenant notifications
- Assembling Tenant Welcome Packs
- Updating company SAM database
- Communicating with tenants and landlords including troubleshooting
- Becoming involved in projects which seek to improve processes and procedures
- Assisting with the advertising of properties on various letting portals
- Assisting with processing applications
- Assisting and helping the wider SPM team members
- Ensuring accuracy of information
- Following timescales with applicants
MS Packages, bespoke SAM database, Google Calendar, Jotform, Kizeo, Advertising websites such as Zoopla, Citylets & Rightmove.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities within the company:
- Keep everyone safe
- Keep everyone happy
- Keep the company sustainable
- Client focused, professional with the requisite skills to establish and maintain relationships
- A self-motivated person who can work on their own initiative or in a team whilst achieving stretching targets
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressurised environment
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage challenging demands
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires strictest attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous work experience is preferred, ideally in a customer facing role
- PC skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, TEAMS
This is a full time Monday – Friday role, with flexible working hours and 1 Saturday required per month from 8:30am – 1:30pm.
- £12,000 per annum (starting salary),
- £14,000 per annum (typically after 4 months),
- £16,000 per annum (typically after 8 months).
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.