Tech Recycling And Repair Apprentice
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: 15-16 Arkwright Way, North Newmoor Industrial Estate, Irvine KA11 4JU
Closing date: 13/02/2023
Restructa was formed in 2005, ahead of the UK Government introducing the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive in 2007.
Managing Director Bruce McLean was already well established in the recycling and waste management sector, successfully running the sister company CCL North. Bruce set up Restructa in Ayrshire as a direct response to this new Directive. Right from the outset, Restructa focused on the repair, reuse and recycling of TVs, along with recycling redundant IT equipment.
Restructa are looking to bring on 2 apprentices to join their team to complete a SCQF Level 6 Diploma in Digital Applications.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Main project will be testing if the TV displays contain flame retardants within the plastics and recording that information on bespoke computer systems.
- Inputting data using EXCEL.
- Investigate and find fault within Television Displays.
- Using Windows 10 to navigate through bespoke computer systems.
- Recording & reporting information using outlook and excel.
- Repairing and replacing TVs
Skills and Qualities:
- Good attention to detail
- Eager to Learn
- Good co-ordination skills as will be using hand tools (Appropriate training will be provided)
- Works well as part of a team but also uses own initiative
- Interested in the environment, technical & working with digitals systems
What’s in it for you:
- Salary: £14,560
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5pm
- Restucta are very committed to in house training for individuals to enhance skills and progress within the business.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.